My Private Pilot's Certificate
As of November 16, 2002, I am now an Instrument-rated Private Pilot!
As of July 31, 2002, I am now a Private Pilot! I'm legal now!!
This page is as much for myself as it is for other people so I will be
putting up documents that are relevant for me as well... Please let me know
if there is something you would like to see on this page and I will
And, for those of you who are worrying... Don't worry!
I will always try
to fly safe!
Also, for those who are looking for my old piloting page,
here it is! I am no longer maintaining it
Personal Information & Progress
- Intro flight date: January 26, 2002
- First student flight date: February 2, 2002
- First solo flight! : April 13, 2002 (@20.5hrs) [photo][lunch after solo (look at the total... "7.77") ]
- First dual cross-country: May 11, 2002 (@32.5hrs) [SQL-MOD-O88-SQL]
- First dual night cross-country: May 15, 2002 (@38.1hrs) [PAO-SMF-PAO]
- First solo cross-country: June 23, 2002 (@62.3hrs) [PAO-MOD-O88-PAO]
- Private pilot checkride! : July 31, 2002 (@97.7hrs at SAC, @96.6hrs before I left PAO) [SAC]
- First flight as a private pilot: July 31, 2002 (@100.1hrs) [SAC-PAO]
- Instrument checkride! : November 16, 2002 (@~180hrs at MER) [MER]
- CFI (certified flight instructor): Sanjay Singh
- Base airport: Palo Alto (PAO)
- Secondary airport: San Carlos (SQL)
- Airports visited:
- Solo endorsement: [front]
- Class 3 medical certificate/student pilot certicate: [front][back]
- Endorsement to take the knowledge test: [front]
- Score on my private pilot knowledge test!: 93% (May 25, 2002)
- Score on my instrument pilot knowledge test!: 97% (October 8, 2002)
- Private Pilot Certificate: [front][back]
- Current log book:
- Hours flown: 181.5hrs
- Airplane SEL: 181.5hrs
- Cross-country: 68.7.0hrs
- Day: 144.8hrs
- Night: 36.7hrs
- Actual Instrument: 3.2hrs
- Simulated Instrument: 39.6hrs
- Ground Trainer: 16.6hrs
- Dual Received: 126.2hrs
- Pilot-in-Command: 119.9
- Takeoffs/Landings: 346
- Instrument approaches: 46
- Aircraft flown: [N49197] [N757JD] [N24537] [N65610] [N5310H] [N4789G] [N227ME] [N739SU] [N733KK] [N8449Z] [N9560S] [N4352G] [N43455] [N4378N] [N229JH] [N739TW] [N508SP] [N2383Q] [N6521J] [N4849D]
- Types of aircraft flown:
- PA-28-161 (Warrior II)
- PA-28-181 (Archer II)
- Current accumulated cost: $11382.07
- Excerpts from local San Francisco sectional chart:
Miscellaneous Personal Piloting Items
Weather & Flight Planning
Good Airplane & Pilot Organizations
Airplanes I Would Like To Fly/Own One Day!
Piloting Accessories I Would Like To Own One Day!
Places To Buy Airplanes & Piloting Supplies
Good Informational Sites
Variations On Private Piloting...
Just plain COOL!
My New Secondary Hobby! Model Aircraft!
Flying Pages of Fellow Pilots!
Last updated: 011603